Saturday, March 06, 2010

ELECTIONS

Well here we are in Baghdad. We are preparing to monitor tomorrow's elections having covered much of the country. There are all sorts of threats including the classic diatribe from the Al Qaida style groups who threaten dire consequences should Iraqis vote. But they will. In their millions. Everyone is eager to vote even at the risk of their lives. And, with results to be posted on every polling station there is far less opportunity for large scale fraud than in the past. Thank God. Say a prayer for us though. We have survived tough old Kirkukthis time. And these trips are a regular feature of our lives these days - but none the less I am bothered by the foreign financed bombers that keep trying to disrupt democracy in Iraq at this critical time.

1 comment:

Ερμής said...

hi my friend!!! You have a perfect blog. I am a friend from Greece

http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com/

This is my site. Please visit me, friends of Iraq!!!